100 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN CHIANG MAI, THAILAND
11 Days | Beginner
The 100 Hours Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga Vidya Mandiram in Chiangmai, Thailand centre is a short Yoga TTC program over a duration of 11 days and 10 nights. This short TTC program allows those interested to study the arts of yoga in a structured and holistic approach. The program covers the essential basic foundation that is useful for those who are beginners or have been practicing yoga as hobby. Our school aims to bring depth of understanding and practice into the foundations of yoga studies. The program is designed to integrate body, mind and breath practices to achieve a well-rounded yoga study to inspire students in their personal and spiritual growth.
The curriculum covers the fundamental elements of yoga based on essential subjects consisting of pranayama, shat kriya, asana practices, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, relaxation (Yoga Nidra) and meditation. For asana practices, our school focus on Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga styles of asana. Students will go through 6 days of training with 1 rest day per week. On this rest day, our school organizes an excursion for students that may involve either a cultural activity or natural visit in the local area. The rest day is one of the weekdays to avoid tourists and traffic during the weekends.
Accommodations, meals and excursions during the training are inclusive in the course fee as mentioned in more detail below.
Language of Instruction:
100 Hours Yoga TTC is suitable for those who...
- Are beginners who want a structured and holistic approach study of yoga
- Have been casually studying and practicing yoga as a hobby
- Are interested in understanding and studying yoga in a holistic approach from a solid foundation
- Are interested in a short course to find a balance in life through body and mind
- Are interested in yoga philosophy, meditation and its practices
- Are registered RYT and wants to collect Continuing Education (CE) training hours
Course Completion Requirements
- Required 100% attendance
- No violation of Code of Conduct and School Policy
100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training : Course Curriculum
- Intro to mantra science
- Basic mantras: aum, gayatri, trayambakam, guru, shanti etc.
- Morning prayers & Evening prayers
- Meal prayers
- Study prayers
- Health prayers
- Surya-namaskara 12 mantras along with bija mantras
- Names of the beginning and advance levels of the yoga asanas
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations) – dynamic surya namaskar, surya namaskar with breathe awareness, surya namaskar with 12 mantras with their bija-mantra chanting
- Modifications of yoga asanas
- Types of yoga asanas – standing, sitting, backward bending, forward bending, spinal twisting, fire series, inversion, shavasana etc.
- Alignment & art of adjustment
- Preventing common injuries
- Counter pose
- Yoga asanas benefits
- Introduction to science of breath
- Physiology of pranayama
- Basic postures for pranayama
- Establishment of diaphragmatic breath
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Different practices of pranayama: nadi shodhana, ujjayee, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari and brahmari
- Benefits or pranayama practices
- Guidelines for regular pranayama
- Jalandhara-bandha (chin lock)
- Uddiyana-bandha (abdominal lock)
- Moola-bandha (root lock)
- Introduction to the concept and practices of relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life
- Sequence of relaxation practices
- Tension & relaxation exercises
- Systematic relaxation exercises
- 31 points relaxation exercise
- What is meditation & what is not?
- Meditation in daily life
- Yoga asanas for meditation
- 2-5 minutes meditations
- So-ham mediation
- Introduction about yoga anatomy and physiology
- Systems: Digestive system, Respiratory system
- Effect of yoga posture on muscles and systems
- Pancha tattva (five great elements)
- Pancha kosha (five sheaths)
- Pancha pranas (five vital energy)
- General introduction: six schools of Indian philosophy
- Philosophy in daily life
- The Yoga-sutras of Patanjali
- Astanga-yoga: yama, niyam, asana, pranayam, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and samadhi
- Yamas and Niyamas
- More on the ethics of a teacher
- Learning to instruct & guide
- Main points: Teaching to what you observe, Timing a class, Greeting/Centering, Sequence in teaching,
- Health Concerns
- Modification in Posture
- The practice and service of teaching yoga
- Develop intention for classes
- Feed back
- Group discussion
- Question & answer
- Home work
100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Chiang Mai, Thailand: Daily Schedule
This 100 Hour Yoga Training will be schedule on 10 days for the intensive study and practices and on the rest day there will be excursions organized by school as mentioned above. During this yoga teacher training, you will be provided with three yoga vegetarian meals (no eggs), including afternoon tea or herbal drink.
We encourage students to go to sleep early around 9pm or before 10pm as that is conducive to the yoga training. Here it is the typical daily schedule for 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Chiangmai, Thailand:
Typical Daily Schedule
|05:00 – 06:00||:||Wake Up!|
|06:15 – 06:30||:||Mantra Chanting|
|06:30 – 07:30||:||Shat-kriyas & Pranayama Practices|
|07:30 – 09:00||:||Hatha Yoga (Classical)|
|09:00 – 10:00||:||Breakfast & Free Time|
|10:00 – 11:00||:||Yoga Philosophy|
|11:00 – 12:00||:||Yoga Anatomy & Physiology|
|12:30 – 13:00||:||Karma Yoga (Seva)|
|13:00 – 14:30||:||Lunch|
|14:30 – 16:00||:||Self-Study / Self-Practice|
|16:00 – 16:15||:||Tea Break|
|16:30 – 18:00||:||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
|18:00 – 19:00||:||Relaxation & Meditation|
|19:00 – 20:00||:||Dinner|
|20:00 – 21:00||:||Self-Study / Free-Time|
|21:00||:||Go to Sleep!|
|* Schedule is subjected to slight changes.
Note: The first day of the course will start with an opening fire ceremony at 10.30am.
100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Chiang Mai, Thailand: Course Dates
Here are few upcoming course dates for our 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training:
|Course Date||Course Name||Book Now|
|7th – 17th November, 2022||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|1st – 11th December, 2022||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|9th – 19th January, 2023||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|7th – 17th February, 2023||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|1st – 11th March, 2023||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|7th – 17th November, 2023 (To Be Confirmed)||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|9th – 19th January, 2024 (To Be Confirmed)||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|7th – 17th February, 2024 (To Be Confirmed)||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|9th – 19th October, 2024 (To Be Confirmed)||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|7th – 17th November, 2024 (To Be Confirmed)||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|9th – 19th January, 2025 (To Be Confirmed)||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|7th – 17th February, 2025 (To Be Confirmed)||100 Hour YTTC in Chiang Mai, Thailand|
100 hour Yoga TTC in Chaing Mai, Thailand: Course Fee
|Accommodation Type||Course Fee|
|Female Dorm (Budget Room)||US$
|Private Single Room (1 person)||US$
Note: Yoga Vidya Mandiram is currently offering 10% discount for 100-hours Yoga TTC commencing in 2022.
Book Your Seat: A advance deposit of US$ 200 per applicant is required to secure your seat for the course. The remaining course fee is due on arrival at our school reception.
Advance deposit is strictly non-refundable. However, your advance deposit amount can be retained for rescheduling, only if applicant makes a request 7 days before the program start date. Please read details under Refund Policy.
School Policy & Code of Conduct
By signing and booking for your course at Yoga Vidya Mandiram, you are acknowledging that you have read, agree and accept our School Policy and Code of Conduct. Please go through our School Policy and Code of Conduct thoroughly.
100 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN CHIANGMAI, THAILAND
BOOK YOUR SEAT
In order to secure your seat, please make an advance deposit of US$200 (7,600 THB – Thai Baht) per applicant. Please kindly enquire to confirm availability of your preferred room type before making your advance deposit payment.
“I’M GOING BACK THERE!”. The school gives a holistic experience on yoga and its philosophy, breaking the western stereotype that yoga is a “stretching” form of exercise. It provides you with the basic fundamentals of how to establish a blissful life, from proper breathing rituals, Ayurvedic diets, and asanas to establish a healthy body, and various types of yoga and meditation to establish a mind body balance and proper flow of prana. The group was quite international and the teachers exceptional. They have a true understanding of the west and are able to bridge the west-east divide through their philosophies. Plus the food was amazing! Great excursions, musical night bonfires, and the cutest dogs roaming around. It has the perfect pace for a program aiming to provide a holistic and basic understanding of the various aspects of yoga in such a short period of time.