7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat
7 Days | Beginner
The 7 days Yoga Nidra Retreat at Yoga Vidya Mandiram in Rishikesh, India centre is held over a duration of 7 days and 6 nights. Our Yoga Nidra retreat explores the concept of Yoga Nidra with relaxation techniques introduced as an essential part of moving into Yoga Nidra practices. While Yoga Nidra is the highlight of the retreat, the curriculum also integrates yoga asana, pranayama and meditation practices on a daily basis to bring balance into the daily practice and to make way for the body and mind to be ready for relaxation and Yoga Nidra sessions. For asana practices, our school focus on Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga styles of asana.
Students will go through 6 days of training with 1 rest day per week. On this rest day, our school organizes a half-day excursion for students that may involve visits to one of the sacred sites in Rishikesh. The rest day usually falls on a Sunday, but may be shifted to a weekday to avoid tourists and traffic during high season in Rishikesh. The excursion would be a visit to either Vashishtha Cave, or Kunjapuri Temple. Excursion may shift to a different destination in specific circumstances. Excursion organized by school is inclusive in the course fee and the destination would be selected by school.
Accommodations, meals and excursion during the retreat are inclusive in the course fee as mentioned in more detail below.
Language of Instruction:
7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat is suitable for those who….
- Are either fresh beginners or beginners with basic knowledge of yoga
- Wants a short break from a busy and fast lifestyle to refresh and balance the body and mind
- Are interested in learning relaxation (yoga nidra) techniques to practice in daily life
- Are looking for a balanced lifestyle through yogic wisdom, science and practices
- Are yoga teachers who wants further guidance or deepen their practice in relaxation and Yoga Nidra
- Continuing Education (CE) training hours Are registered RYT and wants to collect
7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat: Course Curriculum
- Introduction to the concept and practices of relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life
- Sequence of relaxation practices
- Tension & relaxation exercises
- Systematic relaxation exercises
- 31 points relaxation exercise
- Preparations for Yoga Nidra
- 61 points (deep relaxation moving into Yoga Nidra)
- 61 blue star practice
- Yoga Nidra practice – 1
- Yoga Nidra practice – 2
- Jalandhara-bandha (chin lock)
- Uddiyana-bandha (abdominal lock)
- Moola-bandha (root lock)
- Intro to mantra science
- Morning prayers & Evening prayers
- Surya-namaskara 12 mantras along with bija mantras
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations)
- Types of yoga asanas – standing, sitting, backward bending, forward bending, spinal twisting, fire series, inversion, shavasana etc.
- Yoga asanas benefits
- Establishment of diaphragmatic breath
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Different practices of pranayama: nadi-shodhana, ujjayi, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari and brahmari
- Benefits or pranayama practices
- Meditation in daily life
- 2-5 minutes meditations
- Beginning Meditation
7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India: Daily Schedule
This 7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat is one of our 7 day yoga retreats with a half-day visit to a sacred site. During this yoga teacher training, you will be provided with three vegetarian meals, including afternoon masala tea. We encourage the students to go sleep early before 10pm as that is conducive to the yoga retreat. Here is the typical daily schedule for 7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India at our School Yoga Vidya Mandiram:
Typical Daily Schedule
|05:00 – 6:00||:||Wake Up!|
|06:15 – 06:30||:||Mantra chanting|
|06:30 – 07:30||:||Shat-kriyas & Pranayama practices|
|07:30 – 09:00||:||Hatha-Yoga (Classical)|
|09:00 – 10:00||:||Breakfast and free time|
|10:00 – 12:00||:||Session I – Relaxation & Yoga Nidra (Theory & Practice)|
|12:00 – 13:00||:||Karma Yoga (Seva)|
|13:00 – 14:30||:||Lunch|
|14:30 – 15:45||:||Session II – Relaxation (Yoga Nidra) & Meditation Practice|
|16:00 – 16:15||:||Tea break|
|16:30 – 18:00||:||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
|18:30 – 20:00||:||Dinner|
|20:00 – 21:00||:||Self-Study / Free Time|
|21:00 – 22:00||:||Go to Sleep!|
|* Schedule is subject to changes without prior notice.
Note: The first day of the course will start at 10.30am and last day ends before 12pm noon (Check-out time).
7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India: Course Dates
This Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India starts on the 2nd and 24th of every month throughout the year. So you can apply for any month in advance. Our upcoming course dates are on the following dates:
|Course Date||Course Name||Book Now|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th January||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th February||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th March||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th April||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th May||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th June||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th July||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th August||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th September||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th October||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th November||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd–8th & 24nd–30th December||7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh, India|
7 Days Yoga Nidra Retreat: Course Fee
|Accommodation Type||Price Per Person|
|Shared Triplet Room||US$ 399|
|Shared Twin Room||US$ 450|
|Private Single Room||US$ 500|
Book Your Seat: A minimum of US$ 100 advance deposit is required to secure your seat for the course. The remaining course fee is due on arrival at our school reception.
Advance deposit is strictly non-refundable. However, your advance deposit amount can be retained for rescheduling, only if applicant makes a request 7 days before the program start date. Please read details under Refund Policy.
School Policy & Code of Conduct
By signing and booking for your course at Yoga Vidya Mandiram, you are acknowledging that you have read, agree and accept our School Policy and Code of Conduct. Please go through our School Policy and Code of Conduct thoroughly.
I went for a 3 day retreat and left with such a deep sense of the practice that I will return to do a full course. The practice there is steeped in tradition and you feel, truly, that you are getting ancient teachings. It is passed down with such a reverent, gentle care that it immerses you – it’s almost hard to describe. Just go. Food, teachers, location, all yes, yes, yes.