ONLINE 100 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN RISHIKESH, INDIA
The online 100 Hours Yoga Teacher Training organized by Yoga Vidya Mandiram school is structured over a series of VDO modules and live question and answer sessions making up 100 hours, plus bonus live sessions that you are welcome to attend. The bonus live sessions are in addition to the 100 hours, so you are not required to attend the live sessions to complete the course. The course is suitable for those interested to study the arts of yoga in a structured and holistic approach. The program covers the essential basic foundation that is useful for those who are beginners or have been practicing yoga as hobby. Our school aims to bring depth of understanding and practice into the foundations of yoga studies. The program is designed to integrate body, mind and breath practices to achieve a well‐rounded yoga study to inspire students in their personal and spiritual growth.
The curriculum covers the fundamental elements of yoga based on essential subjects consisting of pranayama, shat kriya, asana practices, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, relaxation (Yoga Nidra) and meditation. For asana practices, our school focus on Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga styles of asana. Classes will be held over the weekdays and Saturday, except for Sunday which is a rest day.
Language of Instruction
Online 100 Hours Yoga TTC is suitable for those who...
- Are beginners who want a structured and holistic approach study of yoga
- Have been casually studying and practicing yoga as a hobby
- Are interested in yoga philosophy and yoga anatomy
- Wants a slightly longer break to refresh body and mind
- Are interested in a short course to find a balance in life through body & mind
- Are registered RYT who wants to refresher course on yoga foundations
- Are registered RYT and wants to collect Continuing Education (CE) training hours
Online Course Information for the 100 Hours Yoga TTC
Medium: Thinkific E‐Learning Platform (Prerecorded Classes) & Zoom (Live Sessions)
Course Materials: Handouts and Study Manual
How our Online Course works:Prerecorded VDO of all classes from our previous training will be accessible through the e-learning platform. Students will be able to complete the course requirements on their own pace. As an added bonus for online students, selected classes will also be available through live streaming from our residential training program at our school in Rishikesh, India, following 11 days of 100 Hours Yoga Teacher Training. Sundays are reserved as rest days with no classes, so there will not be live sessions on Sundays. Our residential program starts on the 2nd of each month and ends on the 12th of the same month. Therefore, those who want to attend the live sessions may schedule to join us for the live sessions during those dates. Meeting ID and passcode for live sessions via Zoom will be provided to enrolled students. You are not required to attend live sessions.
Class Equipment for the Training
Please have the following items prepared before the course starts:
- Book: Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyananda. The book is available for purchase on Amazon.com and free e‐books are also available online.
- Neti Pot: for practicing Jala Neti as part of Shat-kriya in Pranayama class
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga block and Yoga belt (optional) is not mandatory but may come in handy if or when your body requires modified postures to suit your physiques and current body capacity.
- A meditation asana: Used for pranayama and meditation classes. There are many options available depending on your preference. Our school uses a non-fluffy and sturdy blanket as asana for its low cost and adjustability of the seat height to different flexibility and leg lengths. However, we also have Zen bench and stool available for students who have less flexibility or an injury. A meditation cushion is another possible option available in the market, but these comes with fixed thickness.
Preparations Required for the Online Course
Please prepare the following basic requirements for Live Sessions:
- Strong Internet Connection
- Device (i.e. phone or laptop) installed with Zoom Application
- External loud speaker (i.e. Bluetooth or cable speaker) or a bluetooth earphone: allow you to adjust
volume and hear the teacher’s instructions during practical sessions when you are a few meters away from
- Bluetooth earphones with in‐built microphones are the best option if you wish to respond to teachers in live sessions. If you wish to use the built‐in microphones in your devices, please be sure to enable and test your microphone before class starts.
- Quiet space for live sessions to avoid disturbances or background noises transmitted into the Zoom meeting
Recommended Setup for Optimal Online Learning:
- For both visual and audio quality, connect your device to a large screen such as a LCD TV screen or use zoom from a large computer monitor with loud speakers. This connection will allow a clear view of the teacher from your yoga mat and a high volume adjustment, especially if the class involves following guided practices (i.e. asana, pranayama, meditation). Mobile devices can be connected to the TV screen via Chromecast or HDMI cable with the help of specific adapter.
Course Completion Requirement
Students are required to complete and meet the following criteria during the course:
- Required to complete 100% of course content on Thinkific E‐learning Platform
- For a registered RYT who wants to collect Continuing Hours (CE) under Yoga Alliance, student are required to complete all classes before the end of December 2021.
100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training : Course Curriculum
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Astanga vinyasa flow – series 1
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations) – dynamic surya namaskar, surya namaskar with breathe awareness, surya namaskar with mantra chanting
- Types of hatha posture – standing poses, sitting poses, backward bending poses, forward bending poses, spinal twisting poses, fire series, inversion poses, shavasana
- Postural alignment and art of adjustment
- Counter pose
- Science of breath
- Sitting postures for pranayama practice
- How to establish diaphragmatic breathing before pranayama practice
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Types of pranayama – nadi shodhana pranayama, ujjayee, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari, brahmari, and anuloma viloma
- Jalandhara-bandha (chin lock)
- Uddiyana-bandha (abdominal lock)
- Moola-bandha (root lock)
- Relaxation in daily life
- Tension and relaxation
- Systematic relaxation
- 31 relaxation
- What is meditation & what is not?
- Meditation in daily life
- Yoga asanas for meditation
- 2-5 minutes meditations
- So-ham mediation
- Introduction about anatomy and physiology
- Systems: Digestive system, Respiratory system
- Effect of yoga posture on muscles and systems
- General introduction: six school of Indian philosophy
- Samkhya and yoga
- Highlight of ashtanga yoga: yama, niyam, asana, pranayam, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and samadhi
- Life style and yoga ethics
- Om mantra
- Morning mantra
- Guru mantra
- Meal mantra
- Gayatri mantra and more
- Suryanamaskar mantras – 12 names of sun
Daily Schedule - For Live Sessions
Time Zone: Rishikesh, India GMT+5:30 (India Standard Time, IST)
Course Date: 2nd – 12th of each month
Please read “Basic Device Setup Requirements” listed above to prepare for attending Live sessions.
Live session schedule follows our residential 100 Hours Yoga TTC (not online) held in Rishikesh, India. The schedule labeled as Day 1‐10 (2nd – 11th date of the month) are based on the course dates of the residential program. The listed classes below will be available for online students to join as live session within the duration of the residential course dates.
Note: There will be no live sessions on Sundays and Day 12th (program closing day) of the residential program.
Please note that this online course is self‐paced and you are welcome to start anytime. The main contents of the course are pre‐recorded classes of the previous training hosted on an E‐learning Platform. You are not required to attend the live sessions.
(On the 2nd of the month)
|CLASS TIME||CLASS DURATION||CLASS SUBJECT|
|12:00 – 13:00||60 minutes||Basic Foundation Class|
|16:30 – 18:00||90 minutes||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
(On the 3rd – 11th of the month)
|CLASS TIME||CLASS DURATION||CLASS SUBJECT|
|10:00 – 11:00||60 minutes||Yoga Philosophy|
|16:30 – 18:00||90 minutes||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
100 Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training: Course Dates
Please note that this online course is self‐paced and you are welcome to start anytime. The main contents of the course are pre‐recorded classes of the previous training hosted on an E‐learning Platform.
The course date below are the dates of our residential 100 Hours Yoga TTC (not online) held in Rishikesh, India. Listed classes under “Daily Schedule – For Live Sessions” section above will be available for online students to join within the duration of following course dates:
|Course Date||Course Name||Book Now|
|2nd–12th August||100 Hour Online Yoga TTC|
|2nd–12th September||100 Hour Online Yoga TTC|
|2nd–12th October||100 Hour Online Yoga TTC|
|2nd–12th November||100 Hour Online Yoga TTC|
|2nd–12th December||100 Hour Online Yoga TTC|
- Please note that there will not be any live sessions on Sunday, because it is reserved as a rest‐day with no classes.
- There will be no live session on Day 12th (program closing day) of the residential program.
Course Fee ‐ Online 100 Hours Yoga TTC
|COURSE DURATION||TOTAL HOURS||COURSE PRICE/PERSON|
|Self-Paced||100 Hours||US$ 200|
Advance deposit is strictly non-refundable. However, your advance deposit amount can be retained for rescheduling, only if applicant makes a request 7 days before the program start date. Please read details under Refund Policy.
I did a 100h course and I had an amazing time. The location is perfect, not too close to the city but close enough to walk there. The teachers and classes were excellent and I learned so many new things. I especially loved the anatomy class.The accommodation and food was also great. The staff at the school will always help you with everything. I would totally recommend it 100%.