200 HOUR KUNDALINI YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN RISHIKESH, INDIA
22 Days | Beginner – Intermediate
The 200 Hours Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga Vidya Mandiram in Rishikesh, India centre is held over a period of 22 days and 21 nights. The training lays out a strong foundation for holistically deepening the understanding and practices of yoga. Yoga has become popular in this modern age for its physical practices (“asana”) and other aspect that are essential parts of yoga has been largely looked over. In our TTC, we make sure to integrate well-rounded studies of yoga and bringing spirituality into the teachings and practices to support personal and spiritual growth of our students.
The curriculum covers the fundamental elements of yoga based on essential subjects consisting of pranayama, shat kriya, asana practices, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, relaxation (Yoga Nidra), and meditation. For asana practices, our school focus on Hatha Yoga and Kundalini Yoga styles of asana. Students will go through 6 days of training with 1 rest day per week.
Accommodations, meals, and excursions during the training are included in the course fee as mentioned in more detail below.
Language of Instruction:
200 Hours Yoga TTC is suitable for those who...
- Are interested in a balanced lifestyle and holistic approach to health in both body and mind.
- Are interested in self-discovery through yoga philosophy, meditation, and its practices.
- Want to deepen their understanding and practice in structured yoga training after years of casual studies and practices.
- Want to build a solid foundation in yoga, not only in asana, but its philosophy and other essential practices, as a based to deepen their future practices and studies of yoga.
- Aspire to share their experiences as internationally recognized yoga teachers.
Course Completion Requirements
- Weekly Assignments
- Final Teaching Exam
- Final Written Exam
- Required 100% attendance
- No violation of Code of Conduct and School Policy
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training : Course Curriculum
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Ashtanga-Vinyasa-Yoga flow – series 1
- Surya-Namaskara (sun salutations) – dynamic surya namaskara, surya namaskara with breathe awareness, surya namaskara with mantra chanting
- Types of Yoga posture- standing poses, sitting poses, backward bending poses, forward bending poses, spinal twisting poses, fire series, inversion poses, shavasana
- Postural alignment and art of adjustment
- Counter pose
- Science of breath
- Sitting postures for pranayama practice
- How to establish diaphragmatic breathing before pranayama practice
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Types of pranayama – nadi shodhana pranayama, ujjayee, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari, brahmari, and anuloma viloma
- Relaxation in daily life
- Tension and relaxation
- Systematic relaxation
- 31 pints relaxation
- 61 points relaxation exercises
- Preparation for yoga Nidra
- What is meditation?
- Meditation in daily life
- Sitting positions for meditation
- Two to five minutes meditations
- So-ham mediation
- Introduction about anatomy and physiology
- The yogic study of digestive system
- The effects of yoga practices on digestive system
- Respiratory system
- The effects of yoga practices on respiratory system
- Effect of yoga posture on muscles and systems
- Nadis (energy channels)
- Chakras (energy plexus)
- Pancha tatwa (five great elements)
- Panchakosha (five sheaths)
- Pancha pranas(five vital energy
- General introduction: six school of indian philosophy
- Samkhya and yoga
- Intro of pattanjali yoga sutras
- Highlight of astanga yoga: yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and Samadhi
- Introduction to Upanishad
- Life style and yoga ethics
- Basic principle of ayurveda
- Basic doshas
- Balance of the mind and Ayurvedic diet
- Om mantra
- Morning mantra
- Guru mantra
- Meal mantra
- Gayatri mantra and more
- Suryanamaskar mantras – 12 names of sun
- Lesson plan
- Practice teaching
- Group discussion
- Question and answer
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh, India: Daily Schedule
This 200 Hour Yoga Training will be scheduled for 6 days for intensive study and practices and on the 7th day there will be Himalayan sightseeing, Holy Shrine & Temples Visits, and Explore time as the related aspects of yoga training. In spite of such an intensive schedule, you could find this training an enlightening and interesting process of transformation. During your training, you will have an opportunity to live with nature.
The Yoga Training schedule begins at 6:15 am with a short morning prayer followed by a pranayama session. Then there comes the morning session for the traditional Yoga Postures (Hatha-Yoga) before breakfast. Then we have two main sessions; one philosophy and the other yoga anatomy followed by lunch at noon. Then there will be some self-study and Self-practice time before we begin the afternoon and evening sessions of Vinyasa-Yoga Asanas followed by Relaxation & Meditation. There will be some inspirational cultural activities, such as Satsang (devotional songs), lectures on yoga-related subjects, audios, and video lectures. The weekly assignments will be a part of the training as that is conducive to gain in-depth knowledge of the subjects and experience through your yoga practices. During this yoga teacher training, you will be provided with three yoga vegetarian meals including fruit refreshments and green tea.
We encourage the students to go sleep early about 10 pm as that is conducive to the yoga training. Here it is the typical daily schedule for 200 Hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India at our School Yoga Vidya Mandiram:
Typical Daily Schedule
|06:15 – 6:30||:||Mantra Chanting|
|06:30 – 7:30||:||Shat-kriyas & Pranayama Practices|
|07:30 – 9:00||:||Hatha Yoga (Classical)|
|09:00 – 10:00||:||Breakfast & Free Time|
|10:00 – 11:00||:||Kundalini Philosophy|
|11:00 – 12:00||:||Yoga Anatomy & Physiology|
|12:30 – 13:00||:||Karma Yoga (Seva)|
|13:00 – 14:30||:||Lunch|
|14:30 – 16:00||:||Self-Study / Self-Practice|
|16:00 – 16:30||:||Tea Break|
|16:30 -18:00||:||Kundalini Yoga|
|18:00 – 19:00||:||Relaxation & Meditation|
|19:00 – 20:00||:||Dinner|
|20:00 – 21:00||:||Self-Study / Free-Time|
|21:00||:||Go to Sleep!|
|Note: Daily Schedule is subject to change.|
200 Hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh, India: Course Dates
This 200 Hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh, India is usually held on 2nd – 23rd of every month throughout the year. So you can apply for any month in advance. Our few upcoming the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Courses are on the following dates:
|Course Date||Course Name||Book Now|
|2nd – 23rd January||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd February||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd March||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd April||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd May||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd June||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd July||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd August||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd September||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd October||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd November||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
|2nd – 23rd December||200 Hour KYTTC in Rishikesh, India|
200 hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh: Course Fee
|Accommodation Type||Price Per Person|
|Shared Twin Room||US$
|Private Single Room||US$
|Note: Yoga Vidya Mandiram is currently offering 15% discount for 200 Hours Yoga TTC commencing in 2022-23.|
|Accommodation Type||Price Per Person|
|Shared Twin Room||US$
|Private Single Room||US$
|Note: Yoga Vidya Mandiram is currently offering a huge discount considering due to the present pandemic for the next few months; May, June, July & August for the 200 Hours Yoga TTC.|
Book Your Seat: A minimum of US$ 200 advance deposit is required to secure your seat for the course. The remaining course fee is due on arrival at our school reception.
Advance deposit is strictly non-refundable. However, your advance deposit amount can be retained for rescheduling, only if applicant makes a request 7 days before the program start date. Please read details under Refund Policy.
School Policy & Code of Conduct
By signing and booking for your course at Yoga Vidya Mandiram, you are acknowledging that you have read, agree and accept our School Policy and Code of Conduct. Please go through our School Policy and Code of Conduct thoroughly.
“Yoga Vidya Mandiram exceeded my expectations by far” The school offers an amazing yoga Programm and I didn’t expect such a diverse and intense( in a good way) training. You get the chance to learn about yoga and yourself while feeling welcome and safe. You make huge progress in your practice and feel well prepared to slowly start teaching. Lalit and all the other people make sure that your stay is as pleasant as possible and go above and beyond. I had to go to the hospital once and Lalit helped me clean out my wound with his own hands and two of the guys from the school drove me there and were by my side, even bought me food on our way back. I can’t even put into words how giving and full of love everyone who works at the school is. I’m extremely grateful as I felt like being with family. The room is very spacious and VERY clean, the food and kitchen have restaurant quality and the campus is nicely located near the mountains but in walking distance to the tourist spots in town. Even on sundays, special events were organised for us like visiting beautiful temples or going on a rafting adventure on the Ganges. To be honest, I don’t even know how it’s possible to have experienced so much quality stuff and paying such little money for the course. The teachers really live what they are teaching so it’s actually more sharing experience than teaching. You can ask them anything and they will have had experience with it. The training is extremely good value and I want to come back for my 300 hour course. Thank you so much. Namaste.