All yogis who have attained the ultimate salvation thrive on fruit juices. Well, that is just one part of their diet but an important one. If you are a yoga practitioner and looking towards the attainment of the highest spiritual levels, you should also have pure and uncooked food. The Sattvic diet is the best one for you. You should read on to find out more details about the Sattvic diet.
Sattvic foods are those, that you can eat raw and fresh. The diet consists of plant-based, foods mostly and less-processed foods. You can include the following foods in the sattvic diet.
- Fresh Fruits
- Fruit and Vegetable Juices
- Nut and Seed Milk
- Sprouted Grains
- Green Tea
Today, we will discuss about the best juices that you can have as a yoga practitioner.
Best Juices To Have For a Yogi
- Juice for Detox – The first juice that we are going to talk about, is the green juice. It can aid you in daily detox and also boost your energy levels. Some of the ingredients that are used in the green juice are celery, spinach, bitter gourd, coriander leaves, ginger, apple, and turmeric. Celery is a powerhouse of nutrients like calcium, vitamins, and minerals. You can consider it as an anti-oxidant, as well. Coming to spinach, it supports the immune system in more ways than one. Moreover, it is also rich in Iron and Vitamin C.
This is a healthy concoction that you can easily prepare in a blender. If you have this juice daily, along with your yoga practice, then you can gain unlimited health benefits. This juice is extremely good for hypothyroidism, diabetes, and liver health. Moreover, you should have these juices for a duration of at least 3 months.
- Juice for Blood Purification – You can also have a concoction of colored fruits and vegetables. This juice consists of beetroot, carrots, apple, celery, ginger, and turmeric. Beetroots are a storehouse of cleansing agents. Moreover, it helps to promote liver and blood health. Apples are a storehouse of nutrients as well. You will be amazed to know that they are rich in antioxidants and fibre. Furthermore, they also improve gut health. This organic concoction can deliver immunity and also purify your blood. Additionally, when you add turmeric to the concoction, it leads to enhanced immunity and healing. It also improves the eyesight and gives you ageless skin. You should have the juice for at least three months for best results.
- Juice for Longevity – The main ingredients of this recipe are pineapple and red grapes. You will be amazed to know, that this is nothing short of heavenly manna. This juice can increase your longevity. The fruit pineapple is very rich in the enzyme bromelain. It basically helps in the breakdown of proteins and heals the tissues. You should also add red grapes to this concoction.
It is another anti-oxidant, which can do wonders for the body. Red grapes also assist in detoxification. You can add a dash of lemon juice and orange juice to increase the Vitamin C content. If you have this juice in the morning on a daily basis, your digestive fire will get a huge boost.
- Juice to Ward Off Cravings – Here we are talking about another mid-morning juice, that consists of kale, spinach, and green grapes. You can also add some cucumber to this mix. Kale is nothing short of being a superfood and has more Vitamin C than oranges. If that were not enough, it also contains calcium and iron. Green grapes are also rich in Vitamin C and increase the absorption of iron. That makes it a double benefit. Leafy greens like spinach are a rich source of Manganese and provide the body with fibre. Cucumbers are quite famous for their water content. If you have this mid-morning juice, after yoga practice, you will simply thrive. There is no way, you will feel hungry.
- Chakra-based Juices – You can also enjoy your practice and juices to go with it. Some of the fruits and vegetables align with the different chakras in the human body. Let us take the example of the Root chakra. Fruits and vegetables like beets, apples, carrots are good to enhance the root chakra.
The Sacral chakra aligns with the color yellow, so you can have pineapple, lemon, and ginger to activate the same. You can also enhance the possibilities related to the Solar Plexus. It is orange, so you can have oranges, carrots, and mangos to enhance it. The Heart Chakra is green, and stresses on the consumption of vegetables like Kale, Spinach, and Cucumber. You can have blueberries and strawberries for the Throat Chakra. The Third Eye is violet. So, you can gorge on raspberries and grapes. Lastly, the Crown Chakra on top thrives on blackberries, plums and cherries.
You can get all the wholesome benefits from these juices as well. Having raw fruits and vegetables is best. However, juices are a closer alternative.
Benefits In General For Yogis
As a Yogic practitioner, you should practice juice fasts often. You should also know why and how? Having juices detoxifies the body inside out. It mainly cleanses the blood of all bad elements. The body eliminates toxins through the kidney, liver, intestine, lymphatic system, and skin. The juice fast refills the body with healthy substances. When your body becomes healthy, you can think well. The mind also tends to be lighter. This is when the alignment of the mind, body and soul happens. The reason being there is no barrier. It is through this process that yogis reach the level of self-actualization.
If you are a yogi, you ought to cleanse yourself internally for certain periods. The steps to cleanse include performing yoga, breathing, and kriyas. Moreover, you can support such activities with a juice diet. After reading about all the benefits of the juices above, you should quickly make them a part of your yogic lifestyle.